I don’t think I’ve ever been tagged before, even though I know I’ve filled out a jillion of these kinds of things in my LiveJournal just for the heck of it. But, Becca Mock tagged me so here goes the 8 things tag!
8 Favorite TV Shows
Man, I really used to not watch TV all that much and I’d have had a hard time coming up with 8 TV shows that I was even interested in. Unfortunately, getting married has increased my TV watching pretty exponentially and now I have to limit myself to 8 😛
2. The Office
3. 30 Rock
4. Big Bang Theory (seriously, anyone who is a nerd or is married to a nerd, or is friends with nerds will get a kick out of this show. I highly recommend it!)
7. The Colbert Report
8. How I Met Your Mother
8 Favorite Dishes
I don’t know if these are “favorites” since my favorite thing is generally trying new things, but here are 8 things that I definitely like eating.
1. Fettuccine Alfredo.
2. Sesame Chicken
4. French Onion Soup
7. Fried Rice
8. Anything that I don’t have to cook 🙂
8 Things That Happened Yesterday
1. Got all of the dishes done!! (I could have gone back to bed at that point and felt like I’d had a productive day.. is that sad or what?)
2. Cried over the ending of Little Women – apparently the combination of pregnancy hormones and the movie version of one of my very favorite books wasn’t so good 😛
3. Helped Amber and Crystal plan a baby shower for me – thanks again so much you guys!!
4. Finally got to meet Eric’s best friend Levi!
5. Played some Raving Rabbids 3
6. Went to Zupas with Eric for dinner – this is definitely one of our new favorite restaurants
7. Watched Sahara with Eric, even though we’d seen it before
8. Went to bed earlier than usual – which may not sound that exciting… but to a pregnant woman who isn’t sleeping well… it was heavenly!
8 Things I Look Forward To
1. Samuel being born!
2. Eric graduating
3. Finding out what exactly we’re going to do once Eric graduates – still no word from Omniture about the Taiwan position. Luckily Eric can just go full time doing what he’s doing now, but it’s not really what he wants to do long term, and we don’t really want to be in Utah once he finishes school. He’s planning on putting in his resume with some other companies just to see what’s out there. It’d just be nice to know where we’re going to be a few months from now 😛
4. Taylor’s wedding!!
5. Finishing up the big project I’m working on at work
6. Not having to commute down to Salt Lake anymore! Friday was my last day in the office, and now I’m on sorta maternity leave? I’m still working full time, but full time from my couch, which means that I’ll actually have some time to work on organizing our apartment to prepare for our baby to come. I’m so grateful that I work in a field where working from home is an option!
7. Eric working normal hours – I know this is sort of a combination of graduating and finding out what’s coming next, but I can’t wait for him to be working non-night shift hours so that I can actually see him during the evenings and we can plan to do things with other couples. Ever since we started dating he’s worked really strange hours, except for a couple of months while he was training at Omniture, but he was working on a huge school project at that time anyways so I still didn’t really get to see him in the evenings. We’ve had 4pm – 4am shifts while we were engaged, 4am – 4pm shifts when we were first married, and now 5pm – 10:30pm (and starting at 3pm on Sundays) Sunday – Thursday. Somehow we just can’t get away from those weird shifts! Working at the Network Operations Center for the Church meant weird hours and Sunday shifts (if the Church’s systems went down on Sunday that would definitely be mayhem, and probably the most likely time for them to go down. It is kinda weird though that working for the Church means mandatory working on Sundays 😛 ), and now that Eric’s job is basically to do technical support for China… which is not on the same time zone as we are – hence the workweek starting at 3pm on Sunday. I’m not trying to complain, I think we’ve been able to handle it pretty well, but I will definitely be grateful when he has a job that doesn’t require late nights and Sundays – even if that means moving to Taiwan to be on the same time zone as the job he wants.
8. Did I mention that I’m pretty excited for Samuel to be born?? Not only am I excited to be a mom, but I’m excited to have my body back to myself and give up some of the pregnancy symptoms – heartburn, not sleeping well, being kicked so much that I feel like my guts are going to be bruised, generally being a whale 🙂 I really don’t have much to complain about with this pregnancy but I’m not going to be sad when the baby is out either 😉
8 Things I Love about Winter
Hmm.. this is a difficult question since winter is generally not my favorite season…
1. Watching snow fall – it really just makes me happy inside to watch the snow fall, especially for the first time in the winter, and especially if I don’t have to drive in it and I know that Eric doesn’t have to ride his scooter in it
2. Wearing sweaters
3. Christmas! I love getting to spend time with family around the holidays
4. Having a good excuse to drink hot chocolate 🙂
5. Cuddling with Eric 🙂
6. Eric getting to go skiing – not a big fan of skiing myself, but Eric really enjoys it and I like seeing him happy.
7. I like that it’s the season that Eric and I started dating and got engaged in, lots of good memories around this time of year.
8. Is it bad for me to say that I love when it’s over? It’s not even so much that I hate winter so much as it really is exciting to see it turn into spring. It’s not as exciting in California to watch the seasons change because it’s pretty similar from one season to the next. It’s so much fun having spring after having had winter.
8 Things on my Wish list
Wow, this question was actually really helpful for me figuring out what there is left that we really need before Samuel comes! I’ve been trying to put together registries and comparing different products and stuff, but it was good to see what things I really do want to have before he comes.
1. A rocking chair
2. Sheets for the crib
3. Diapers and wipes (not real exciting… but probably the one thing that we really *need* before Samuel comes)
4. A diaper bag
5. A Diaper Genie (yay for a trash can that masks smelly diapers!)
6. A Pack ‘n Play
7. A new dresser so we have somewhere for all of the cute clothes we have for Samuel! – I really need to make it to Ikea so I can use this gift card that we got for our wedding.
8. A baby swing
I tag: anyone who feels like doing this. I don’t want anyone to feel like they have to do it, but they are kinda fun to do just for yourself in my opinion.
Thanks for tagging me Becca! I really enjoyed doing this a lot more than I’d expected.